Hi there, and a very warm welcome to The Writing Shed!
My name is Dani, and you can find more about me here. I am the face behind The Writing Shed, which was “open” in June 2013, as soon as Hubby and I moved to our new home.
If this is your first time here, I have to tell you that The Writing Shed actually exists:
Yep, here it is, right in the corner of our back garden! This tiny summer house, which until last year could only be used in the non-winter months (now I have electricity and can have a heater! Yay!), was where I searched for refuge and a quiet place to grieve and cry during months after my mother died (Letters to my mother). The Writing Shed gave me all that. It was a place where I could open my trunk of memories and photos and letters and remember her and write to her.
I’ve chosen this quote by William Wordsworth to represent what The Writing Shed means to me. The raw feelings that you get out onto a page, or many pages, in order to dissect them and with that, to get to know yourself better. And to heal. Or to help someone heal.
Writing answers your questions ~ the ones you are afraid to ask and the ones you have been asking all your life. You’ve always known the answers; writing helps you know you know them. ~ Nancy Slonim Aronie
I believe that writing can heal, and I’ve experience its “magic” in my life, so, so many times. And I invite you to do the same.
This is what you’ll find here in The Writing Shed:
- About The Writing Shed: this page here, where you find out what we are all about.
– #amwriting: a workshop of stories, sometimes real ones, other times fictionalized, but still portraying delicate issues and also tips on how to cope with them.
– #quotes: motivational quotes to warm your heart and lift up your spirit
– #articles: my own thoughts about different topics, and reports on articles I find relevant to the theme of The Writing Shed. You may also see some guest posts (I love them!)
- Courses: creative writing courses related to wellbeing. The first one is Write your weight off ©, which is a 5-day e-course that will give you the basic and perhaps the most important tools to help you get into the right frame of mind to lose weight healthily and mindfully.
- Shop: you will find links to my courses and stationery (coming soon!), and to books that I have read that really made a difference in my life. I’ll also add a link to my first novel, Loveandpizza.it. It was while writing the short story which would become the novel that I found out how fullfilled I got when putting down on to paper my observations of people and the world around them. Besides, for every copy of the novel that is bought, £1 goes to a cancer charity! Why not help out? 😉
- Freebies! Who doesn’t like them? Once you are part of The Writing Shed community, you’ll receive your login details and will be the first to know when there are new free materials, resources, videos, printables. Even better: you can leave your suggestions! Imagine having a resource created especially for you!
SIGN UP FOR FREE UPDATES AND ACCESS TO LOADS OF FREEBIES!
Become a regular visitor and get access to The Writing Shed freebies: writing printables, exclusive Facebook group, printable inspirational quotes and our latest articles straight into your mail box!
- Disclosures: I know this isn’t one of the most interesting things to read, right? But it’s very important, so please, take a few minutes to learn about our affiliate links, privacy policies and comments policies here. After all, you are here as my guest, and you are precious to me, even if I never get to meet you, or even know your name.Contact: You can leave me a message to ask about The Writing Shed courses, to suggest a theme for a post, or a course, or a guest blogger… or you could just leave a message to say “hi”! I’d be so happy!
Well, I guess that’s a good introduction and welcome to The Writing Shed. I hope this place can inspire you and warm your heart. Whenever you visit, think about The Writing Shed as a place where we’ll talk about being better people, learn to use coping skills, and learn to “make the best limoncello with all the lemons life may give us”!
So, are you ready to come in? If you are, grab a cuppa (coffee, or tea, or chocolate), choose a page and make yourself at home!!!
Thanks a million for visiting!
P.S. Wait!!! Just one more thing before you go exploring… Have you got a special place to call your sanctuary in your home? Care to describe it? I’d love to know! 😉