Hi there, and a very warm welcome to The Writing Shed!
My name is Dani, and you can find more about me here. I am the face behind The Writing Shed, which was “open” in June 2013, as soon as Hubby and I moved to our new home.
If this is your first time here, I have to tell you that The Writing Shed actually exists:
Yep, here it is, right in the corner of our back garden! 🙂 This tiny summer house, which until last year could only be used in the non-winter months (now I have electricity and can have a heater! Yay!), was where I searched for refuge and a quiet place to grieve and cry during months after my mother died (Letters to my mother). The Writing Shed gave me all that. It was a place where I could open my trunk of memories and photos and letters and remember her and write to her.
I’ve chosen this quote by William Wordsworth to represent what The Writing Shed. Our motto is “Write yourself”. The raw feelings that you get out onto a page, or many pages, in order to dissect them and with that, to get to know yourself better. And to heal. And to reach your potential in all separate roles you play in your life, and in all of them as one: as a professional, as a mother, as a wife, as your whole self. Or to help someone reach their potential: perhaps your daughter, your sister, your mother, a friend? Come together to The Writing Shed, a place where you’ll learn to recover and improve yourself and be the best you that you can be.
Writing answers your questions ~ the ones you are afraid to ask and the ones you have been asking all your life. You’ve always known the answers; writing helps you know you know them. ~ Nancy Slonim Aronie
I believe that writing can heal, and I’ve experience its “magic” in my life, so, so many times. And I invite you, wonderful ladies, to do the same.
Here’s The Writing Shed Manifesto:
To help women be the best version of themselves that they can be: empowered, assertive, healthy and mentally balanced, and values-oriented, using as means creative writing (fiction, memoirs, journal writing and workbooks – which will be created by me).
The main goal and mission for The Writing Shed is: to be the “go to” place for women searching for well-being, empowerment, and to regain their self-esteem and confidence.
2) The Writing Shed’s values:
- support women from different walks of life
- help women improve/regain their self-esteem and self-confidence
- help women believe in themselves, and that they can dream big and realise their dreams when they have a clear mind and know themselves, what their values are and what they want for their lives.
3) Here’s what The Writing Shed wants to help women achieve:
In The Writing Shed you will also find:
The Writing Shed blog is a collection of articles related to how you can improve yourself through writing. As a creative writer myself, I strongly believe that writing gives us clarity and can help us heal and can guide us through an amazing journey inside ourselves, our values, our beliefs. Here you’ll find a series of inspirational articles from amazing women who have succeeded personally, professionaly, artistically, who have overcome life changing illnesses and who had to learn to live without their loved ones. Check out our blog categories list, or click on one of our articles tags.
Courses: creative writing courses related to wellbeing.
- Write your weight off ©, which is a 6-day e-course that will give you the basic and perhaps the most important tools to help you get into the right frame of mind to lose weight healthily and mindfully. The bundle includes printable motivation cards.
- Write your self-esteem©, a guide on how to start a self-esteem journal, and get to you know yourself in order to live a happier and more fulfilled life.
- Write your whole self©, a 37-page workbook to guide you towards self-discovery, and help you put together all your ‘pieces’, and be your “whole self” in every aspect of your life, achieving a strong sense of your own identity.
- Journal Writing, a series of articles on how to start your journal and use it as a healing tool
- And coming in spring, the 16-week programme “Write yourself transformed”. You can subscribe for updates and early bird offers here.
The Writing Shed Recommends:
- Here you will find links to great blogs/websites, Facebook groups and pages, and books that I have read that really made a difference in my life.. – COMING SOON: The Writing Shed stationery.I’ll also add a link to my first novel, Loveandpizza.it. It was while writing the short story which would become the novel that I found out how fullfilled I got when putting down on to paper my observations of people and the world around them. Besides, for every copy of the novel that is bought, £1 goes to a cancer charity! Why not help out? 😉
- Free resources! Who doesn’t like them? Once you are part of The Writing Shed community, you’ll gain access to free resources, e-courses, podcasts and videos. Even better: you can leave your suggestions here! Imagine having a resource created especially for you!
- Disclosures: I know this isn’t one of the most interesting things to read, right? But it’s very important, so please, take a few minutes to learn about our affiliate links, privacy policies and comments policies here. After all, you are here as my guest, and you are precious to me, even if I never get to meet you, or even know your name.Contact: You can leave me a message to ask about The Writing Shed courses, to suggest a theme for a post, or a course, or a guest blogger… or you could just leave a message to say “hi”! 🙂 I’d be so happy!
Well, I guess that’s a good introduction and welcome to The Writing Shed. I hope this place can inspire you and warm your heart. Whenever you visit, think about The Writing Shed as a place where we’ll talk about being better people, learn to use coping skills, and learn to “make the best limoncello with all the lemons life may give us”!
So, are you ready to come in? 🙂 If you are, grab a cuppa (coffee, or tea, or chocolate), choose a page and make yourself at home!!!
Also, why not join our Facebook community ~ the perfect, safe place for you to connect with women from all over the world! Click below:
Thanks a million for visiting!