Your content must be your own, and must have not been published before.
People come to The Writing Shed in search of articles that will resonate with what they're going through.
Imagine those days you feel like you have given your all, and that you're drained of energy and strength. What type of content would inspire you?
We are looking for content that is...
Please see our Guidelines below.
- a woman who is going through a rough patch in life? Need your self-esteem back?
- committed to helping women thrive in life?
- Do you feel you have something to offer these women?
If you have all these, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for your interest in being part of The Writing Shed Magazine!
The Writing Shed's mission is to be the "go to" place for women searching for wellbeing and empowerment. Our articles should help women be the best version of themselves that they can be: confident, empowered, assertive, healthy, mentally balanced and values oriented.
At The Writing Shed we:
believe that each woman can reach her full potential when encouraged and supported
support other women
work to make a diference
help women dream big and chase their dreams
believe in healthy relationships
talk about mental health
believe that a healthy lifestyle can help us feel better about ourselves
believe us, women, can "kick ass"
Based on our values and mission above, we want to deliver relevant content. Therefore, it is very important that our articles are always inspirational and meaninful. Just the type of articles and stories about ordinary women from all walks of life. We want our readers to identify and to know that they are not alone in their struggles. You will be a working mum, a stay-at-home mum, a student nearing graduation who needs some insight of what life after uni is. You will be a teenager, or a young adult going through a phase when you've lost your self-esteem, and are finding it difficult to find who you are in the world. You will be the loved one of someone who struggles with ill mental health (men also welcome here!) and have learned how to help them during the hardest times. We need your stories.
What you need to do:
1) Your article must have between 800 and 1000 words.
2) All articles must contain at least one photo (one that you have taken, or have the rights to use.) Please try to send a high quality photo, as we're much more likely to use it.
3) If your article is selected, we may invite you to be a monthly columnist, and you will have your own page, with a one-paragraph profile, links to your blog/personal business, Social Media and a list of your published articles.
4) Articles must be sent by the 1st of each month, for publication in the following month, as we pre-schedule our articles throughout the month.
5) Please make sure you have a photo uploaded and registered on Gravatar.com. (that will be the photo next to your bio)
6) Please use spell check and also check your grammar. We reserve the right to make minor edits. Please remember to add tags and the category where we should publish your article (see themes below)
7) If you have a blog, you will be asked to add The Writing Shed banner in your personal blog. In return, we will add you to our Blogs/websites page.
8) When you email your first article, include a headshot and your bio (a short paragraph in 3rd person).
9) Please submit your article, as a document (preferably Word format) to email@example.com .
IMPORTANT: No personal links in the article, please. Reference links are fine.
- success stories
- inspirational articles
- mental health (in general, anxiety, depression, bereavement, etc)
- relevant book reviews
- body image
- weight loss
- teen age matters
- how to deal with a loved one's struggles (mental health, busy lifestyle, etc)
Themes we need: